9/27/10

Grow Your Nails!

Keratin - a protein which comes in a variety of forms, all of which are waterproof and durable. It is the principle component of horn, beaks, skin, hair, finger nails feathers and hooves among others.
       While I am almost positive most of you were not blessed with hooves and/or feathers, beaks and horns *YIKES!* I am pretty sure most of the human race has hair, finger nails and skin!

       For some unknown reason, my keratin is not very strong in my hair thus, it is not strong in my nails either...: (
I basically accepted the fact that my nails would just not grow! I was never much of a nail fanatic anyways (You all know my thing is hair) but I've always secretly admired women with nails on the longer side. It is something (along with hair) that most women take for granted!

So I found this product at the drugstore and figured I should just give it a try! I forget how much it was since I bought it a while ago but I have been using it about once a week and it has prevented my nails from chipping and cracking so now they are growing!! I see the white!! Get it...instead of  "I see the light"...Anywho...This product is by L'Oreal and is called Grow Stronger! Nail Treatment.
Now, my nails have always been weak so I can easily bend them in whichever direction. This obviously has been one of the causes of my nail breakage. However, now they are still pliable but noticeably harder!

I didn't follow the directions thoroughly enough, and only have been applying this strengthening treatment once a week under my nail polish. BUT the directions clearly state "To use: Apply 1 or 2 coats to clean,dry bare nails. Apply 1 coat daily for 10 days. After 10 days remove Grow Stronger! and use regularly on your bare nails as a base coat for continued strength." So I have decided to start this Today!!! I'll let you know what I think after 10 days. So that'll be it for now!
TTFN!
Kelly xox

No comments:

Post a Comment